Everyone always requests different makeup looks. One makeup look that I’m frequently asked to do is the “Smokey Eye.” The smokey eye is both sexy and classic. It caters to anyone with light or dark eyes and it can be worn for both formal or casual occasions. It is the perfect complement to any look desired. My friends and clients said they have tried the “Smokey Eye” look but ended up looking like a panda. Yikes! I know it takes a bit of practice, but the smokey eye is super easy to achieve. Just follow my step by “Step by Step guide and see how flawless your smokey eye turns out. Believe me, you will thank me later.
Mac Paint Pot (Soft Ochre)
Nyx Jumbo Pencil (Dark Brown)
Mac Matte Eye Shadow (Show Stopper)
Mac Matte Eye Shadow (Saddle)
Mac Matte Eye Shadow (Carbon)
Mac Eye Shadow (Rice Paper)
Bare Essentials Buxom Mascara (Loud Black)
Red Cherry Lashes (Wispies -WSP)
PRODUCTS YOU WILL NEED:
- A matte or lustre eye shadow for the highlight
- A matte light brown eye shadow
- A matte dark brown eye shadow
- A matte black eye shadow
- A eye shadow base
- A black eye liner pencil
- False eye lashes (optional)
Sonia Kashuk Concealer Brush (pic #3 & 4)
Sigma E55 Eye Shadow Brush (pic #5)
Ofra Blending Brush (pic #6 & 8)
Sigma E30 Pencil Brush (pic #7)
Real Techniques Accent Brush ( applied highlight in inner corner & brow bone)
1. Apply Primer all over the lids & lower lash line. 2. Apply Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Dark Brown to lid, stopping at the crease.
3. Blend Nyx jumbo eye pencil product. 4. Line the lower lash line.
5. Apply brown matte eye shadow on top of nyx eye liner base upper. 6. Apply soft brown eye shadow in the crease extending slightly upward.
7. With a crease/pencil brush apply carbon eye shadow to crease & outer-v. (adds dimension to eyes) 8. Blend any harsh edges for soft gradient effect.
9. Apply black eye liner pencil to the top & bottom lash line. 10. Apply rice paper eye shadow to inner corner & brow bone & blend. Apply mascara & white liner to inner rim of the eye.
11. Apply false eye lashes then the look is complete.
I hope you beauties enjoyed my Step by Step “Smokey Eye” Tutorial, try this look out and let me know how it works out for you 🙂 !!